Please note that the public hearing period for this permit has been extended to Friday March 26, 2021
FCA/Stellantis – Chrysler is making changes to the proposed installation of a new paint line and changes to existing equipment at their Jefferson North Assembly Plant.and we want FCA to reduce facility emissions more with improved air pollution control technology and by using new rather than refurbished equipment
Residents who will be most impacted by this poor air quality call for EGLE and FCA to increase protections for residents by more funding for home repairs for frontline residents on Beniteau and to install filters on public spaces like schools, public housing and libraries.
Due to these changes the Michigan State Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy (EGLE) will be holding another public comment period until March 22nd and a virtual public hearing on March 16th for the community to weigh in.
In order to hold FCA accountable we want the following commitment from the State:
- That FCA will be required by the State to continue to improve source monitoring and require additional record keeping from FCA.
- That FCA will be required by the State to make sure this data is open and available and easily accessible to residents and others in the public such as through a web portal or app.
Register for the EGLE Info Session and Public Hearing on Tuesday March 16th at 6pm http://bit.ly/EGLEFCApaint
Please submit comments on this permit before March 26, 2021
- Email a public comment: EGLE-AQD-PTIPublicComments@michigan.gov
- Mail a public comment: EGLE, Air Quality Division, Permit Section, P.O. Box 30260, Lansing, Michigan 48909- 7760.
- Call and leave a public comment: Voicemail: 517-284-0900